Journey

Looking past my five semesters as a postgraduate student, I could say that time surely fly in a rocket. It was not until recently I realised I have spent almost three years writing a thesis that just started to look like a completed thesis. I admit that I wasted so much time doing anything but writing it. Even right now I could have written one or two paragraphs on the second research question yet here I am writing some post on my blog. But trust me, this is for research purpose. I noticed these days, my writing has worsened. It is incoherent, not making senses and I tend to jump from an idea to another idea without good connecting sentence. You could say, it is almost identical to the video of the guy admitting that he is the one in that video and urged SPRM to investigate the minister for corruption. It is that bad, trust me. and it is this post purpose to help me practice with my writing.

I would be lying if I said that I never regretted my choice continuing Master Research, I honestly think the journey of master with coursework is a lot easier. I'm sorry if you're offended, but it is just my opinion. I know we often think that we had it harder than other ppl or at least it is me thinking that way. Doing coursework is like embarking on a journey where you had your path laid with roadmaps and guides. It is a straightforward journey and all you have to do is keep moving, of course, there are obstacles along the way and you succeed in solving it. And maybe sometimes you think of quitting because the paths sometimes are too steep, too windy and too long. But, it is never unending. You will reach the destination if you check every landmark on your list. You know what to do, how to do it and when you will arrive.

Doing Master research is similar to a journey, you got your starting point, your destination but the only thing different is you create your own path. There is a time where you know you are going, and you went really fast just to realise you have been on the wrong track all along. That is when you start a new track, and sometimes it took so long for you to start a new one because you are tired of getting it wrong. The wrong path you created before has no value to others because you still don't reach the destination, it only matters when the path is the right path to the right destination. You eventually lose hope and interest in continuing the journey when you are told you have been taking the wrong path by your guide. Your guide is your everything. His/her approval means everything. If the guide told you, you are mistracked, then you need to get back on the right track. Sometimes, they don't even tell you what is the right track, but in the worst case, they forgot what they told you about the track and you eventually lost. So it is important for you to choose the right guide, for you to have a smooth journey. Another difference between research and coursework is your progress. In coursework, you are progressing with each other according to laid plan, however, with the research, you are moving on your own.

Therefore, if you move faster, you will reach faster! Gtg


ps. please pardon me if this writing offends you in any way. as I mentioned earlier it is just my opinion.

Comments

Etuza said…
Alhamdulillah dapat berkujung ke sini

Popular posts from this blog

Buah Mentega/Butter Fruit

Loan Words